Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

CONFIDENCE

Confidence. When I think of this word, I think of a strong woman who believes in herself and can do anything that she sets her mind to. I use to, and sometimes I still struggle with seeing myself as a confident person. I think in this generation we've altered and changed what it means to be strong, confident, and beautiful. This is something that has been on my heart that I felt I needed to share because so many of us get caught up in what other people's opinion says about us and if we don't meet this "standard" then we are not what this world expects us to be. It's all about self talk. You can choose to downgrade yourself based on other people's views of you or you can just do you. I used to be very shy and I would look at all of these other girls who were older than me and I would try to act like them and be them. It took me quite a while until I realized that these people can't tell me who I am, God only does. I am only living for an Audience of 1. You have to accept that you are who you are for a reason, not everyone is going to like you for being you. It's okay to not please everyone because that's when you focus on the good things in life. I think a lot of girls and women today don't feel like they matter because of what this society has created to be beautiful.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
Love who you are and when you walk into a room, own it.

XO, Hayley

Disclaimer: All of these opinions and views are my own(:

No comments:

Post a Comment